Pancakes for Dinner: How to Do it Right
Who doesn’t love scrumptious, savory pancakes for dinner? It’s a fabulous breakfast option, of course. But when you do it right, it’s a fast and easy vegetarian dinner option that can dazzle everyone at evening meal. (Even if it’s a tough crowd; trust me!) It’s all about doing the whole “breakfast for dinner” thing in a way that works for you. In this blog post, you’ll find where to buy the healthiest pancakes mix online, various pancake topping recipes, and ideas for what to serve with a breakfast-for-dinner entree!
Pancakes for Dinner: Table of Contents
- Why is Mu Mu Magic the Best Pancakes Mix?
- 4 Fun & Healthy Pancake Dinner Ideas
- What Goes with a Pancake Dinner? Try These Best-of-the-Best Suggestions
- Now That You’ve Seen These Inspiring Ideas, Don’t Forget To…
The Secret to the Best Pancakes:
Mu Mu Magic!
When shopping for the best healthy pancakes mix, I suggest Mu Mu Magic! To begin with, it’s 100% clean. In other words, it contains no GMOs, artifical ingredients, or added sugar. Furthermore, Mu Mu is manufactured in a solar-powered facility and zero waste packaging. There is also free same-day shipping and handling for all customers.
Talk about a healthy, eco-friendly, delicious steal of a deal!
4 Unique Pancake Dinner Ideas for Every Dietary Concern
Whether you’re in search of a high protein pancake recipe, an excuse to indulge like crazy with decadent toppings, ideas for the meat lovers, or strictly vegan pancake recipes, there’s something for you in the list below!
The first few recipes are fabulous sources of protein. As you may know, this is an excellent weight loss macro-nutrient, since it keeps you feeling full longer. It’s also a vital post-workout element, since your muscles need protein after some serious time spent sweating in the gym. If you workout between your “9 to 5” and dinner time, this high protein pancake recipe is for you!
Suggested Video: “Oh No! I’m Craving Pancakes!“
1. Pancake Dinner with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
This recipe is adapted from another fabulous food blog. For the full and original details, check out the Food.com in the “Resources” section at the end of this post!
Yields 6-10 Pancakes
1 cup Mu Mu Magic
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sour cream
100g smoked salmon, sliced
1/2 teaspoon horesradish cream
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1/2 teaspoon mustard
- To make the pancake batter, simple mix together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and Mu Mu Magic in a large bowl.
- After cooking over a hot skillet for 3-5 minutes, your flapjacks should be perfectly golden brown. You can tell it’s ready to flip after about a minute or when bubbles start appearing on the exposed sized. When finished, place the pancakes on a cooking rack. Note: They should be completely cool before adding the toppings.
- Next, mix together the horseradish, sour cream, and mustard. Gradually add the chives and black pepper, making sure to stir them evenly throughout the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the pancakes, and then add layers of smoked salmon to each cake. For the finishing touch, garnish with additional chives. The finishing touch? A light dusting of black pepper.
*In order to create a plant-based “egg,” check out this easy pancake recipe without dairy or eggs.
2. Egg Cheese and Sausage Pancake Casserole
I found this next pancakes for dinner idea at TheFoodNetWork.com. It’s actually a great dinner idea if you work outside of the home. You can whip it together in just a half hour in the morning, and it will likely be ready when you return home from work!
According to the author, “This one-pot breakfast casserole is bound to please anyone with a love of sweet-and-savory dishes. Try using cooked bacon or ham instead of sausage, and Swiss or Gouda cheese instead of Cheddar for your own customized casserole.” For the full recipe, visit the complete guide here: Sausage-and-Cheese Pancake Breakfast Casserole.
This recipe yields 6-8 servings and takes about half an hour of active prep work. Note: Plan ahead for about 9 hours of cooking time in the oven.
3. Buttermilk Pancakes with Figs and Maple Syrup
If you’d like, you can always substitute buttermilk for the water in our all natural Mu Mu Magic pancakes mix. The resulting pancake batter will definitely be thicker, so you may find that adding a tablespoon or so of water helps maintain a more even consistency.
I suggest adding real maple syrup along with some juicy, fresh figs and berries as a finishing touch! If you’re feeling extra adventurous, why not embellish with homemade vegan Nutella or Satay Sauce?
Tips for Making the Best Buttermilk Pancakes:
- The buttermilk adds a bit of tang to the pancake batter, making it especially appropriate for dinner!
- And, according to Cafe Delites, the buttermilk “activates” the baking powder. As a result, the pancake batter is extra fluffy and light. And for gluten-sensitive individuals, it may be helpful to know that buttermilk contains acid that facilitates the breakdown of gluten.
- The third reminder is that “The less the you mix the batter, the thicker and fluffier they will be. [But a] couple of lumps is okay!”
- Finally, “Letting the batter rest for about 10 minutes while you heat up your griddle or skillet allows the butter to set and the ingredients to marry into each other. The butter creates steam when they hit the heat which evaporates and creates air (which you’ll notice as bubbles) = perfect buttermilk pancakes.”
4. Lavender Pancakes
Harness the holistic properties of lavender (and add a burst of color!) to your pancakes by adding fresh lavender to the batter. Lavender is well-respected as an alternative treatment for milk anxiety or insomnia. So if you struggle to calm down before bed, this may be a tool to consider trying!
You can learn more about how to add lavender to dinner pancakes at The Old Farmer Almanac’s recipe blog post entitled Lavender Lemon Chocolate Pancakes.
So, What Does Go Best with Pancakes for Dinner?
Wondering what to serve with pancakes for dinner? Scroll on down for healthy vegan topping ideas, as well as side dishes from Martha Stewart herself!
You’ll find a wealth of healthy pancake topping recipes that transform a stack of flapjacks into a full blown meal in 17 Healthy Pancake Toppings for Your Clean Eating Meal Plan. My favorites are the Homemade Acai Berry Sauce and the Cinnamon Caramelized Apples with Almond Butter Drizzle
Additionally, the most popular commentators on Quora have quite a repertoire of suggested side-dishes.
One pancake-lover by the name of Margerite Lewis suggests serving bacon, eggs, pork sausages, or toast with pancakes in the evening. She also goes on to recommend Italian sausages with onions and green onions, a large omelet, and even tater tots!
Claim Your Free Shipping Today!
As you can see, you have plenty of options! Now that you’ve seen the best of what the internet has to offer, you get to choose what you’re going to create. We’d love to know which recipes you have already tried, as well as which ones you think should have been included.
I think you’ll find both of the following Pinterest boards especially helpful because they have a lot of the hottest new trends and ideas:
- Mu Mu’s “healthy pancaking toppings” board with subsections like “kids pancake topping recipes” and “vegan whipped cream recipes“
- Mu Mu’s “pancakes” board, which features visually fun kids pancakes ideas and “more things to make with pancakes mix“
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli food blog! I hope you’ll let us know how your pancake dinner soiree goes. In the mean time, we look forward to seeing you around the blog. And again, everything from our online food store comes in zero waste packaging with free same day shipping and handling, including our pancake-muesli combos. Continue reading other articles on Mu Mu Muesli’s blog!