How to Eat Muesli: Are Cereal Balls The Best-Kept Secret?
Never Be Late to a Morning Meeting Again!
Muesli Cereal Balls for Incredible Time Savers
Depending on how much time you’ve spent here at the Mu Mu food blog, you’ve probably noticed that there are oodles of different ways to eat muesli! (You may have even watched the videos!) And recipes such as Bircher Muesli and Homemade Muesli Bread are fabulous options, but it would be a shame to stop there. I’m really excited to spread the word about a new way to prepare muesli: High Protein Peanut Butter Muesli Cereal Balls.
Let’s start with the easy recipe ingredients and step-by-step tutorial, and then I’ll discuss its health benefits.
How to Make Muesli No Bake Cereal Balls
1 lb Mu Mu Muesli cereal mix
1 teaspoon salt
A cup of peanut butter
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 cup dried fruit of your choice
2 tablespoon pure honey
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
A cup of peanuts
1/4 cup light brown sugar
Optional: While the additional cup of dried fruit and peanuts is a great idea, Mu Mu Mix already contains a rich amount of dried raisins and dates. It’s also filled with crunchy, pure nonpareil almonds. In other words, you can skip the 1 cup of dried fruit and 1 cup of peanuts if you’re short on ingredients or in a hurry. It’s always fine to use sugar substitutes as well.
How to Make:
- First, put the honey, agave nectar, peanut butter, sunflower oil, and brown sugar into a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- While the mixture is cooking, stir for about 4 minutes. When it starts to bubble, it’s ready.
- You should also mix together the muesli mix, salt, and optional fruit and nuts in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour the oil and sugar mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Now it’s time to form these tiny little cereal balls of energy! Simply take about two tablespoons and roll into a compact ball. After you’ve rolled the balls, place them in the fridge immediately.
- Allow cooling completely in the refrigerator for 30 or more minutes.
- This could be in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer (airtight container) for up to a month.
5 Ways These Muesli Cereal Balls Will Make You Feel Healthier & Happier
There are several reasons why these sweet and crunchy muesli balls will make you happier and healthier! In addition to saving time in the morning, there are five more benefits I’d like to share with you.
1. You’re More Likely to Eat Healthfully When You Have an Ample Supply of “Make Ahead Breakfasts”
In a perfect world, we’d all follow a clean-as-can-be meal plan all the time. But that just isn’t possible. The next best thing is to be mindful of what we eat and try to eat healthy, organic foods as much as possible.
One of the best ways to do this is to prepare “make ahead meals.” Then, when hunger or fatigue strike, you won’t be as tempted to give in to those sugar-laden donuts and processed muffins on the way to work.
Note: These no bake energy balls can last for an entire month in the freezer, and up to three days in the fridge. (Just make sure you store them in an airtight container.)
2. The Portability Factor: Say Good-Bye to Impulsive Junk Food Purchases
Muesli balls are ultra-portable. You can even tuck a few in a bag and carry it with you in your purse or brief case! Having a protein-rich snack helps prevent grazing on high calorie snacks with empty calories in between meals.
3. Vegans and Vegetarians Must Be Mindful of Protein, and Muesli Balls Make it Easier
These little balls of energy are packed with protein. Mu Mu Muesli cereal is already a good source of plant-based protein, but adding the nut butter and peanuts adds even more! And if you really want to amp things up, don’t be afraid to experiment with a little bit of protein powder.
4. When the Kids Are Happy, Everyone’s Life is Easier
Since this breakfast dish is portable and naturally sweet, it can feel like a godsend on a busy morning when you’re busy caring for small children.
Feeling overwhelmed? Make it a muesli cereal ball day! Out of grocery snacks to take on your outings? You’ve got a stash of pre-made snacks in your fridge already!
5. The Ingredients of Mu Mu Balls Literally Prep Your Brain to Be Happier and Healthier
Isn’t it delightful when something tastes good and has holistic health benefits? Today’s recipe is just that.
The muesli cereal mix alone is packed with brain-boosting ingredients. The secret? Very healthy fats. Specifically, the body transforms the medium-chain fatty acids in the organic coconut into something called ketones. These are a valuable source of energy for he brain, and they may also prevent memory loss and even Alzheimer’s disease. The almonds and flax seeds are also rich in healthy fats, and so they support a higher-functioning brain.
Interested in finding more brain fuel? Check out What to Eat for a Happier, Healthier Brain for the complete story.
Why Not Set Yourself Up for Success?
It’s hard not to tuck this recipe on the “Recipes to Make ASAP” board on Pinterest! These muesli cereal balls are fast and easy, portable, and they also support a clean eating diet. Better yet, the muesli cereal truly gives you the power to make your lifestyle even more green! Since it’s manufactured in a solar-powered facility and packaged in zero waste materials, it’s one more way to say “Thank You” to Mother Earth.
You have plenty of options, including both single muesli mix bags, bulk muesli, and even pancake-muesli combos. And don’t forget: you’ll receive free same day shipping and handling. Continue reading other articles on Mu Mu Muesli’s blog!
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli Blog, and I hope you enjoy poking around the rest of the website. Stay tuned for our soon-to-be-published Epic List of Ways to Prepare Muesli Post!
In the meantime, readers who liked this recipe for cereal peanut butter balls also enjoyed:
Pancakes for Dinner: How to Do it Right
Mu Mu’s Stunning Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl Recipe