Easy Pancake Recipe without Eggs or Dairy
DIY Tutorial: How to Make a Vegan Pancake Recipe Without Eggs or Dairy
You’ve probably seen a decadent, enticing stack of pancakes somewhere recently. You know, the kind plastered on restaurant billboards or popping up on your Instagram feed. Admittedly, the aesthetics of fluffy golden pancakes are quite exceptional.
But if you follow a vegan diet, the copious amounts of butter and dairy is a problem. Isn’t there a plant-based way to enjoy pancakes just as much as everyone else? Yes! All it takes is a little recipe tweaking. And that’s how this Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe without Eggs was born!
In this post, you’ll find step-by-step instructions showing you how to make a Mu Mu Magic vegan pancake recipe without eggs. Additionally, feel free to use the jump-down menu below to find answers to all pancake-related questions!
How to Make a Vegan Pancake: Overview
- 4 Easy Plant-Based Egg Substitutes
- How to Make a Vegan Pancake in 5 Easy Steps
- Mu Mu Magic: The Healthiest Vegan Protein Pancake Mix on the Market
- 7 Health Benefits of Mu Mu Magic Gourmet Pancake Mix
- Shop Ethical: The Eco-Friendly Brand Behind the Magic
- Pancake FAQs
How do I make my vegan pancakes fluffy?
Can you make pancakes with almond milk?
How can you make pancakes without baking powder?
Can you make pancakes without milk?
Can pancake Mix go bad?
How do I make a vegan pancake for one?
First, there’s the task of choosing the best healthy pancakes mix for sale; once you get serious about a clean eating lifestyle, you start to notice how many “healthy” foods are filled with unnatural preservatives and additives. The next step is to decide on what type of egg replacement to use, as well as what kind of plant-based milk you want. (Or if you want to forego milk altogether.) Finally, don’t forget about those toppings! Below, you’ll find comprehensive guides for each of these steps.
The Best Pancake Recipe Without Eggs or Dairy:
4 Types of Vegan Egg Substitutes
It isn’t hard to make an egg-free vegan pancake. You simply need to choose which kind of egg substitute you want to use. Luckily, they’re all quite simple to make! I recommend using one of the following four replacements:
- Flax Seed Egg
- Banana Egg Substitute
- Chia Egg
- Applesauce Egg Substitute
1. A flax egg consists of ground up flax seed and warm water. Just add 1 tablespoon of finely ground flax seed to 3 tablespoons of warm water. After just a moment or two, the flax seeds will naturally thicken and bind to the water, forming a plant-based “egg.”
2. Another egg substitute you can try is applesauce. Applesauce does a lot of the same things eggs do: it moistens, binds, and leavens, leading to extra fluffy cakes. When using this as an egg substitute for pancakes, the ratio is a quarter cup of applesauce per egg.
3. Like flax seeds, chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids. They, too, form a gum-like bond with warm water. Simply add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to every 2.5 tablespoons of warm water.
Interestingly, bananas contain three main types of sugar: sucrose, fructose, and glucose. Because of this, they’re great natural energy boosters.
5. Another common egg replacement for vegan pancakes is a simple combination of white vinegar and baking soda. In fact, this is an excellent option if you want super fluffy pancakes! Use a 1:1 ratio of baking soda and vinegar, depending on how many vegan pancakes you are making. One “egg” equals a teaspoon of each.
The Best Pancake Recipe Without Eggs or Dairy:
How to Make a Vegan Pancake
Say hello to Mu Mu Magic! This Vegan Protein Pancake Mix lends itself well to plant-based milks and homemade vegan egg substitutes. As you saw in the previous list, there are various ways to make a pancake recipe without eggs. (Tip: the flavors of the applesauce “egg” and the subtle hint of Mu Mu Magic‘s cinnamon mingle together delightfully well.)
I also like the mashed banana substitution, largely because it’s quick and easy! Plus, the fruit adds a ton of moisture. The banana flavor can either fade subtly into the background or really pop, depending on the toppings you use.
Mu Mu Magic Healthy Pancake Recipe
Yields: 6-10 pancakes
Time: 5-15 minutes
1 Cup Mu Mu Magic Healthy Pancake mix
A vegan egg substitute
8 ounces of milk (dairy or plant-based)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Fast & Easy Pancake Topping Ideas:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the pancake mix, egg substitute, milk, and vegetable oil. Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, allow the pan or griddle to preheat for a moment or so. Add just enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom surface.
2. Next, scoop out the pancake batter with a measuring cup or ladle and pour onto your cast iron pan or pancake griddle. Once you can see bubbles forming on the exposed side of the pancake, it’s about time to flip it over. Cook each side until it’s a golden brown.
3. The last step is the most creative: add your favorite pancake toppings, but don’t be afraid to experiment with some new recipes. They can range from fruity to savory to decadent and sweet. (Find a full list at 17 Healthy Pancake Toppings for Your Clean Eating Meal Plan.)
Healthy Pancake Topping Ideas
You can see that Mu Mu Magic is already rich in protein. But why not add even more? You asked, so here they are! Enjoy the following list of top five high protein vegan pancake topping recipes:
- 1/8 cup of muesli cereal sprinkled atop a layer of organic nut butter, spread evenly across the surface of each pancake
- Organic, unsweetened yogurt mixed with a light drizzle of Monk Fruit Syrup, Date Syrup, or Xylitol. (Or another natural sweetener of your choice.)
- Homemade Vegan Nutella Spread
- Mixture of crumbled dates, sliced fresh almonds, chopped walnuts, and real Maple Syrup
Mu Mu Magic
Mu Mu Magic is a gourmet breakfast food from the same creators of Mu Mu Muesli. And it’s just the healthy pancake mix you’ve been searching for! Due to its premium ingredients, Mu Mu Magic is a safe and beneficial addition to any clean eating meal plan.
In fact, it only contains a total of 8 organic, simple ingredients:
- Organic Dried Medjool Dates
- Dried Cranberries*
- Sea Salt
- Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
*The cranberries contain sunflower oil and apple juice.
7 Healing Health Benefits of Mu Mu Magic Protein Pancake Recipe
Mu Mu Magic pancakes are scrumptious, of course. How can you go wrong with whole, raw, organic ingredients? But this special mix also has an impressive nutritional profile.
1. The antioxidants fight aging and shield your body from disease.
Mu Mu Magic is full of antioxidants, due to the organic dates and cranberries. These dried fruits also nourish your body with essential vitamins and minerals.
2. This heart-healthy protein pancake mix is rich in iron and contains no added sugar.
Iron is a nutrient that may vegans and vegetarians lack.
3. Cinnamon is more than just a spice.
In fact, it’s yet another antioxidant-rich ingredient in this healthy pancake mix. Cinnamon is also a proven anti-inflammatory. This provides a natural shield, safeguarding your immune system against certain diseases.
4. Furthermore, research suggests that cinnamon can help prevent cardiovascular disease because it treats two of the highest risk factors.
In other words, cinnamon helps lower high blood pressure, and it also keeps cholesterol levels in check. When levels of “bad” cholesterol and/or blood pressure get too high, your risk for heart disease also increases.
5. Due to the hand-ground blend of whole grain flours, Mu Mu Magic is a remarkably good source of dietary fiber.
Wholesome barley, spelt, and oats are good for heart health and the perfect part of most holistic nutrition weight loss plans.
6. Sea salt is the safer alternative to table salt, even though both salts have the same sodium content.
Why? Because sea salt is the purest option. In contrast, manufacturers use a variety of “fillers” in processed table salt.
7. Remember to buy/prepare healthy vegan pancake toppings and non-dairy milk.
I’m always a little disappointed to scoop the last pancake off the griddle only to discover a lackluster selection of pancake topping options in the pantry. One satisfied Mu Mu Magic connoisseur declared: These cakes are so good you don’t need syrup.
And it’s true! But I personally perceive pancake toppings as a fun way to personalize the nutrients you receive. And toppings like maple syrup mixed with crunchy muesli, homemade Acai Berry Sauce, and DIY Vegan Nutella are too delectable to ignore.
8. The organic barley, oats, and wheat are good vegan sources of protein.
This is definitely a high protein pancake recipe worth your time, if you’re serious about packing an ample amount of protein into your diet. Especially if you’re in search of plant-based protein and fiber.
- Spelt has 10.6 grams of protein per cup.
- Barley contains 12.5 grams of protein per 100-gram serving. (It’s also a good vegan source of zinc, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, manganese, and selenium.)
- Whole Grain Oats have 16.9 grams of protein per serving, as well as 10.6 grams of dietary fiber and 6.9 grams of fat. Oats are also rich in magnesium, selenium, zinc, and manganese.
You can add even more protein by stirring protein powder into the batter, if you’d like. But the most organic option is to supplement with protein-rich toppings. Use the list below to find some high protein inspiration!
The Brand Behind the Best Healthy Pancakes on the Planet:
Ethical, Sustainable, & Zero Waste
Mu Mu Muesli is dedicated to organic, non-GMO, raw ingredients with absolutely no added sugar or artificial substances.
Mu Mu Magic is manufactured by an environmentally-conscious company with ethical business practices.
- Your new pancake mix will arrive in zero waste, biodegradable packaging.
- The manufacturing facility runs on 100% clean, solar-powered energy.
- All of the ingredients are domestic, sourced directly from the US.
- In order to cut down on the carbon footprint even more, you can purchase bulk quantities of Mu Mu Magic pancake mix. It’s available in a bulk quantity of 5 lbs.
You can purchase the gourmet healthy pancake mix online anytime and get FREE same-day shipping and handling.
Making a Healthy Pancake Recipe Without Eggs:
1. How do I make my vegan pancakes fluffy?
Baking powder and baking soda are the main substances responsible for causing pancake batter to rise into light, fluffy cakes.
The Mu Mu Magic gourmet pancake mix already contains baking powder, which is an essential component of fluffy pancakes. But you can add half a teaspoon or so of additional baking powder to really fluff up those flapjacks, if you want.
In order to create the fluffiest possible vegan pancake, use the “baking soda and vinegar” egg replacement method for optimal results.
2. Can I make pancakes with almond milk?
Certainly! In fact, plant-based milks are much healthier than cow’s milk. They also boost the protein content of your pancakes. I recommend choosing one of these top three plant-based milks:
- Almond Milk
- Hemp Seed Milk with Coconut Infusion
- Coconut Milk (You can even make your own coconut milk at home! In order to learn more, check out the video below.)
3. Can you make pancakes without baking powder?
Remember, Mu Mu Magic already has baking powder in it. This means that you don’t have to worry about keeping track of baking powder as a seperate ingredient.
And I don’t suggest straying from the Mu Mu Magic vegan protein pancake mix! But alas, everyone finds themselves home and hungry with very few groceries left in the pantry at some point or another in their lives.
According to the Extra Crispy food blog, it’s easy to make your own “homemade baking powder.” Here’s the formula:
For each teaspoon of baking powder that a pancake recipe calls for, use 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda combined with 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar.Extra Crispy
4. Can you make pancakes without milk?
Of course! Just make sure you have a healthy pancake mix without milk. (It’s important to check nutrition facts, since some pancake mixes already have dry milk in them.)
Then, you have a few choices of what to substitute for milk:
- The first option is to simply use water instead of milk. Swap it out at a 1:1 ratio. But be ready to get a little creative. Whereas milk adds a hint of flavor, water is bland and flavorless. You can infuse the batter with flavor by stirring in fresh berries, lemon zest, or vanilla extract.
- Many people also enjoy using beer instead of milk, since the yeast makes the pancakes extra fluffy.
- You can also substitute apple juice for the milk, which, again, is quite delicious with the hearty whole grains in Mu Mu Magic. Just remember to avoid apple juice with added sugar!
5. Can pancake mix go bad?
In general, pancake mix goes bad after a year. You can preserve its integrity for up to 11-13 months, as long as you store it in a cool, dark place. After opening a bag, make sure to refrigerate the remaining mix. Once opened, pancake mix is generally good (when kept refrigerated) for about 6 months.
6. How to Make a Vegan Pancake for One
Dining solo? Easy! Simply reduce the quantity of the ingredients to:
- 2 tablespoons of Mu Mu Magic
- A tablespoon of either applesauce, banana, the “chia egg” glob, or the “flax seed egg”
- Just enough oil to coat the griddle or pan
- 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk or milk substitute
Alternatively, you can follow the original recipe and simply store the unused pancake batter in the fridge. Just make sure to use it within the next couple of days.
7. What can I make with pancake mix that’s left over?
There are plenty of things to make with pancake mix that’s left over! For example, you can use it to make various cookies, muffins, and even beignets. Discover a list of recipes using pancake batter by following the Mu Mu Muesli Pinterest!
Once you’ve followed the account, pay attention to the Pancakes board. It’s updated regularly!
Your Turn: What Will You Create Next?
Maybe you’re a low-key type who prefers a simple stack of pancakes with a basic topping like Maple Syrup or a light dusting of Coconut Palm Sugar. Or, perhaps you’re an enthusiastic foodie with a zest for complicated recipes.
Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy your next brunch or breakfast gathering! Mu Mu Magic is the perfect mix for an easy pancake recipe without eggs. In fact, it’s so incredibly healthy and easy to make, that it should be a staple breakfast food on any Beginner Vegan Foods List.
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli health food blog! People who liked this healthy pancake recipe without eggs post also enjoyed:
Fact or Fiction: Are Smoothie Bowls Healthy?
DIY Vegan Gift Baskets: Your Holiday Inspiration